Want a handmade gift but running out of time? These free last minute crochet gift ideas will help you find just the right pattern.
It’s after Thanksgiving – can you believe it?? Last year I waited until the very last minute to think about crocheting gifts for my sons’ teachers.(Between the three kids there are seven teachers if you count assistants – that’s a lot!!)
So I ended up just buying gift cards and crocheting gift card holders, which turned out really well! This year I wanted to do more so I have already started on the gifts ahead of time.
Since it is so close to Christmas I wanted to share 10 free last minute crochet gift ideas that you could make in a hurry if you are limited on time, but still want to give a cute homemade gift.
Before we begin… let’s get Social!
I would love for you to come follow me on
Instagram (get sneak peeks of what’s coming up!)
My Facebook Page (come join the fun!)
Follow me on Pinterest (I pin tons of free patterns to my boards!)
Join my Facebook group (lots of awesome crochet talk there)
Also, you can find me on Ravelry or join more than 12K subscribers on YouTube.
Ready to round ’em up? Here we go!
Last Minute Crochet Gifts
1. (Almost) 30 Minute Crochet Cowl from Whistle & Ivy. I absolutely love Bethany’s style and the great collection of free patterns she has created for her blog. Think you don’t have time to crochet a cowl? Check this pattern out!
2. Mobile Device Cozy from Crochet Dreamz. Who knew carrying your phone could be as cute as it is functional? I like the simple design of this one to protect your phone!
3. Ups-A-Daisy Measuring Tape from Simply Notable. This is such a great idea! So cute to add to your crocheting supplies.
4. Easiest Headwrap EVER from I’m Frayed Knot. This is cute and functional and works up easily. I love the flower accent, too!
5. Beaded Crochet Wrap Necklace from The Craft Patch. Wow! That’s all I can say about this one – the tutorial is clear and easy to follow and the finished project is something I could definitely see myself wearing.
6. Suzette Bag from Make and Do Crew. This bag is perfect for beginners and uses creative findings to give it a polished look. Super easy to make – you could zone out and watch tv while whipping this up. It may take a little longer than other items on this list, but definitely worth it and still simple enough to be considered “last minute”-worthy.
7. Warm and Toasty Crochet Mug Cozies from 1dogwoof. I love the simple style of these mug cozies, and the free patterns at this site are always amazing! You could make a bunch of these in record time and maybe pair with a Starbucks gift card… just saying. 😉
8. Amigurumi Tea Cup Pin Cushion from Joann.com. There are a lot of crochet pin cushion patterns out there but this one caught my eye. I love that it is a cute little tea cup – it even has the little tag on it.
9. Mary Jane Slippers from Good Knits. I have yet to try slippers but I love this tutorial – it makes it seem easy and is definitely something I might try soon.
10. Ups and Downs Slouchy Beanie from Moogly. This free hat pattern from the ever-popular Moogly blog is as simple as it is cute. I love the texture and the button accents – and hats work up super quickly for great gifts.
I hope you enjoyed this round up of a few of my favorite free last minute crochet gift ideas. I sure enjoyed creating it! These gifts are stylish, quick, and inexpensive to make. They would make great gifts for someone on your list.